Okay, I admit that there are lots of other quizzes and stuff out there.
Seems like just about every page has one. So how can I be so sure this is
the "ultimate" (other than the fact that it sounded good at the
time)? Because I think you'll find that this isn't your typical
quiz. Having tried TippTee's Super 60's Lyrics Quiz (which is pretty tough
and well worth trying, BTW), I decided to come up with my own. Only this
quiz isn't limited to just the pop music of the 1960s. It isn't really
limited to anything except what I could come up with off the top of my head with
no reference works to help me out. If your tastes in music aren't the same
as mine, you may not get many of these. However, quite a lot of them are
ones you can hear on the radio, so I think it's relatively fair. Grab a
piece of paper, have fun, and remember that anything written in the last 2000
years is fair game!
- "Baby, baby, I’m aware of where you go each time you leave my
- "I’ve done more now than a clear-thinkin’ man would do."
- "Hello, lamppost. Whatcha knowin’?"
- "There’s no time to change your mind. How could you have been so
blind? The Father spoke, the demons dined, the Son has come and you’ve
been left behind."
- "Early in the ev’nin’, just about suppertime, over by the
courthouse, people startin’ to unwind."
- "I’ve got so much honey, the bees envy me."
- "They’ll east their words with a fork and spoon, and watch ‘em!
They’ll hit the road and all be surfin’ soon."
- "Over time You’ve healed so much in me, and I am living proof that
although my darkest hour had come, Your light could still shine
- "Helter skelter in the summer swelter, the birds flew off of the
- "Don’t you give me no dirty looks! Your father’s hip; he knows
- "Let’s walk up to the preacher. Let’s say ‘I do.’ Then you’ll
know you have me, and I’ll know that I have you."
- "Always runnin’, never carin’, that’s the life you live."
- "People say I’m the life of the party ‘cause I tell a joke or
- "Well, ol’ Strauss discovered waltzin’. Heinemann found the
blues. Then Haley came along with a rockin’ song—crazy man, crazy, crazy
- "Play, magic fingers!"
- "After all was said and done they never understood the way we always
made it; we knew we always would."
- "Lips as sweet as candy, the taste stays on my mind. Girl, you keep
me thirstin’ for another cup of wine."
- "I see children play, I watch them grow. They’ll learn much more
than I’ll ever know."
- "Old friends sit on the park bench like
- "I’m gonna take two weeks of my ever-fine vacation. I’m gonna
take my problem to the United Nations."
- "And the preacher’s sayin’, ‘Do you take this woman or don’t
- "We were made to love and be loved, but the price this world demands
will cost you far too much."
- "Put your glad rags on and join me, hon. Gonna have some fun when the
clock strikes one."
- "Hope you’ve got your things together; hope you are quite prepared
- "Lord, we don’t need another meadow; there are corn fields and
wheat fields enough to grow. There are sunbeams and moonbeams enough to
shine. Oh, listen, Lord, if you want to know…."
- "I never understood a single word he said, but I helped him drink his
wine. And he always had some mighty fine wine."
- "You can swing it, you can shake it, you can really start to make it
- "And so I know my love was not for you. And so I take it back with a
’s one goodbye."
- "Well, I got so bugged I turned it off and turned on another show,
but there was the same old shoot-em-up and the same old rodeo."
- "Well, she’s so pretty, I couldn’t believe she’d ever look my
way. But the way I’m feeling, I’m gonna be stealing that little girl’s
- "Slow motion riders fly the colors of the day. A bronze man still can
tell stories his own way. Listen, children, all is not lost, all is not
lost, oh, no, no!"
- "And there are two swingin’ girlies for every guy, and all you
gotta do is just wink your eye."
- "But parked in her rickety old garage is a brand new shiny red
- "For a vision softly creeping left its seeds while I was
- "A dragon lives forever, but not so little boys."
- "Oh, but they’re dead wrong, I know they are. ‘Cause I can play
this here guitar, and I will pretend I’m a star
- "Somewhere we lost connections, ran out of songs to play. Came into
town a one-night stand; looks like my plans fell through. Oh, Lord, stuck in
- "And my soul, though stained with sorrow, fading as the light of day,
passes swiftly o’er those waters to the city far away."
- "Silence, trying to fathom the distance, looking out ‘cross the
canyon carved by my hands."
- "Pack up the babies and grab the old ladies and everyone goes!"
- "Don’t know much about algebra, don’t know what a slide rule is
for. But I do know one and one is two, and if this one could be with you,
- "She’s got plenty of rhythm, plenty of jive, and when we dance, she
really comes alive."
- "You can’t figure out what bag I’m in!"
- "They say my hair’s too long. They're driving me insane. I grew it out
long to make room for my brain."
- "He got Chet’s guitar course—COD—he makes A and E and he’s
workin’ on D. Digs C&W and R&B, and me and the chimpanzee agree
that someday soon he will be a celebrity."
- "I gave up all my friends just for you. Now my friends are gone and
you have, too."
- "I don’t know if you can find these things, but my heart is riding
on your wings. So if you see them anywhere, won’t you take me there?"
- "If she finds that I’ve been ‘round to see you, tell her that I’m
well and feeling fine."
- "You ask me if this heart of mine will lose its desire for you."
- "Now the nation rise as one to send their honored son up to the White
House—yes, the nation’s only White House—to voice their discontent
unto the Pres-eye-dent a-bout a burning question what has swept this
- "I got in town a month ago. I’ve seen a lot of girls since then. If
I could meet ‘em I could get ‘em; as yet, I haven’t met ‘em. That’s
why I’m in the shape I’m in."
- "It creeps and leaps and glides and slides across the floor and
through the door."
- "He used to carry his guitar in a gunny sack, go sit beneath the
trees by the railroad track."
- "The first mate, he got drunk and broke in the captain’s bunk. The
constable had to come and take him away."
- "He cried out in his anger and his shame, ‘I am leaving, I am
- "We could ride the surf together while our love would grow. In my
woody I would take you everywhere I go."
- "You may talk about your dearest maids and sing of Rosalie, but
beats the belles of Tennessee!"
- "You’d see ‘em wearing their baggies, barachi sandals too."
- "You ain’t never caught a rabbit and you ain’t no friend of
- "I heard him say in a voice so gruff, ‘I wouldn’t eat you ‘cause
you’re so tough.’"
- "Spent the groceries and half the rent; lack $14 havin’ 47
- "Callad mientras la cuna se balancea."
- "I just got married to the widow next door. She’s been married
seven times before, and every one was an
- "My head may go reeling, but my heart will be obedient with
intoxicated kisses for the principal ingredient."
- "You can do anything that you wanna do, but uh-uh, honey, lay offa my
- "Now if there’s a smile on my face, it’s only there tryin’ to
fool the public."
- "She was gonna be my wife and I was gonna be her man, but she let
another guy come between us and it ruined our plans."
- "And over in the corner, much to my surprise, Mr. Secret Agent Man
was a-wearing his disguise."
- "Gotta be cool now. Power shift, here we go!"
- "If you go down to the river, bet you’re gonna find some people who
- "I wanna drink my java from an old tin can while the moon goes ridin’
high. I wanna hear the sound of the whippoorwill, I wanna hear the coyote’s
- "I thought about a moonlit night, my arms around you good and tight;
that’s all I had to see for me to say...."
- "You leave the Pennsylvania station ‘bout a quarter to four; read a
magazine and then you’re in Baltimore."
- "We’ll have time for coffee-flavored kisses and a bit of
- "Well, I’ve never plucked a rooster and I’m not too good at
ping-pong and I’ve never thrown my mashed potatoes up against a wall.
- "So when I’m lying in my bed and the furniture starts creeping, I’ll
just laugh and say, ‘Hey, cut that out!’ and go back to my sleeping ‘cause
I know that God’s the biggest and He’s watching all the while."
- "Judgement and wrath He poured out on Sodom; mercy and grace He gave
us at the cross."
- "This love we’re contemplating is worth the pain of waiting. We’ll
only end up hating the child we may be creating."
- "But the dogies are a-bawlin’, and round-up time is nigh. The
yellow moon is crawlin’ ‘cross the starry Western sky."
- "Now it’s time to run, no one's havin' fun."
- "Sitting on the sofa on a Sunday afternoon, listen to the candidates’
debate. Laugh about it, shout about it; when you've got to choose, any way you look at it you lose."
- "I thought I saw a hairbrush back there!"
- "And when the Beatles tell you they have a good love to sell you,
they mean exactly what they say."
- "Number 47 said to Number 3, ‘You’re the cutest jailbird I ever
- "Where ya at, y’old bat?"
- "While I’m here, I’ll serve him gladly and sing him all these
songs. I’m here, but not for long."
- "You’re gonna need an ocean of calamine lotion. You’ll be
scratchin’ like a hound the minute you start to mess around."
- "As I was walking down the street one day, a man came up and asked me
what the time was that was on my watch."
- "Dios guarder el lobo a nuestra cordera."
- "Oh, it don’t mean a thing when the lead is singin’ or when he
- "You can talk about your men of Gideon, you can talk about your men
- "Well, he brought that camel to a screeching halt (RRRRR!) in the
rear of Fatima’s tent. Hopped off Clyde, snuck around the side, and into
the tent he went."
- "You couldn’t teach a dog to do that. You can only train
- "There’s a place up ahead and I’m going. Come along, come along
- "Oh, what a gal! A real pipperoo. I’ll make my bid for that
freckle-faced kid I’m hurryin’ to."
- "I don’t wanna be your tiger ‘cause tigers play too rough. I don’t
wanna be your lion ‘cause lions ain’t the kind you love enough."
- "I’ll try to be satisfied just to walk right by your side. But
maybe you’ll see things my way before we get to Grandma’s place."
- "Well, the girls can’t stand her ‘cause she walks and she drives
like an ace now. She makes the Indy 500 look like a Roman chariot race
- "Got a gal named Daisy, she almost drives me crazy!"
- "You silly littel peekel. You silly littel peas. You zhink that
walking ‘round will bring zhis city to its knees?"
Ready for some answers?
Hope you enjoyed it!